The Media Liaison Officer reports to the KPHL Media and Public Relations Advisor and is part of the Managing Director’s immediate office staff. The role involves assisting to project a positive image of the organisation to all stakeholders – peer companies in the PNG petroleum and energy industries, the media and the general public through production of material for dissemination in newspapers, radio, tv, social media, internet, industry journals, promotional articles, press statements, company presentations and media advertisements. The Media Liaison Officer is expected to liaise with the personnel of peer industry companies, media organisations, printing companies as well as KPHL technical staff so as to have a sufficient understanding of the multi-faceted industry and nation-building project activities of the organisation.
- Assist in the production of public communications or interactions by KPHL MD and executive management.
- Assist in the preparation of speeches, presentations and public communications for delivery to the media and other audiences requested by the managing director or other members of the executive management.
- Assist in the production of material for, press conferences where KPHL is involved.
- Coordinate communication between KPHL senior management and media journalists.
- Keeping up to date with media coverage of KPHL and petroleum activities to ensure informed representation or responses to queries.
- Support production of employee communication strategies.
- Assist in the production of a range of advertising and promotional coverage for KPHL.
- Ensuring the proper branding of the KPHL in any advertisements, newsletters, brochures and similar, in accordance with the company’s interests.
- Oversight of KPHL’s social media presence through the company web site and other social media apps, including the crafting of responses to queries and comments.
- Assist in the planning of different strategies to promote the public image of KPHL.
- Cooperate with other KPHL public relations personnel.
- Degree in Journalism or other appropriate discipline.
- 5 years minimum experience working in a similar role in the PNG.
- Relationships with representatives of resource industry companies and the media in Papua New Guinea.
- Media & National Government interface experience essential.
- Excellent communication skills; written and oral.
- Production of corporate literature such as annual reports, Board presentations and press releases.
- Experience of working in multi-cultural settings.
- Maintenance of confidentiality while handling corporate documentation.
- Knowledge of the PNG resources sector including applicable legislation.
KPHL offers competitive remuneration packages for suitably qualified candidates who can think on their feet and are self-directed in their learning.
Submit your resume including a cover letter and copies of your academic qualifications by email to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in Kumul Petroleum Holdings Limited.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.