The Media Liaison Assistant reports to the KPHL Media Liaison Officer and is part of the Managing Director’s immediate office staff. The role involves assisting to project a positive image of the organisation to all stakeholders – peer companies in the PNG petroleum and energy industries, the media and the general public through production of material for dissemination in newspapers, radio, tv, social media, internet, industry journals, promotional articles, press statements, company presentations and media advertisements. The Media Liaison Assistant is expected to liaise with the personnel of peer industry companies, media organisations, printing companies as well as KPHL technical staff so as to have a sufficient understanding of the multi-faceted industry and nation-building project activities of the organisation.
- Assisting in the dissemination of public communications from KPHL to media and general public in conferences and similar;
- Assisting in the preparation and dissemination of speeches, presentations and public communications to the media and other audiences as required;
- Assisting in the production of material for press conferences where KPHL is involved;
- Assisting in the coordination of communication between KPHL and media journalists;
- Monitoring of media coverage of KPHL and petroleum activities to ensure informed representation or responses to web site and social media queries;
- Supporting production of internal KPHL employee communications;
- Assisting in the production of KPHL advertising and promotional materials;
- Organisation KPHL booths/stands & materials at national & international events;
- Managing the ordering and stocktaking of KPHL promotional merchandise;
- Monitoring of KPHL’s web site and social media apps, including the crafting of responses to queries and comments;
- Cooperation with other KPHL employees and public relations personnel.
- Degree in Journalism preferred;
- Some experience working in a similar role useful;
- Relationships with representatives of resource industry companies and the media in Papua New Guinea would be beneficial;
- Excellent communication skills; written and oral.
- Production of corporate literature such as annual reports, Board presentations and press releases;
- Experience of working in multi-cultural settings;
- Maintenance of confidentiality while handling corporate documentation;
- Knowledge of the PNG resources sector including applicable legislation.
KPHL offers competitive remuneration packages for suitably qualified candidates who can think on their feet and are self-directed in their learning.
Submit your resume including a cover letter and copies of your academic qualifications by email to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in Kumul Petroleum Holdings Limited.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.