Responsible for the accumulation and delivery of accurate and timely financial information that will assist Management to better understand costing, variances and trends against expectations and approved budget and make informed decisions in fulfilling their business unit goals to achieve KPHL’s overall business objectives.
- Lead the Annual Budget Process for both Corporate and Projects;
- Work with Entity Accountants to assist in the preparation of division’s annual budget and forecasts for consolidation;
- Deliver accurate, relevant and timely information to all KPHL user departments. This includes monthly cost reports against budgets, finalise and consolidate commentaries from departments on expenditure reports for Finance Managers, the EGM Finance and Support Services and Senior Department Managers;
- Manage Project costs by analysing costs and reporting balances against budget to project managers on a monthly basis. Monitor billings against work progress and signed contracts before payment. Obtain comments from project managers and consolidate for Finance Managers and CFO on a monthly basis;
- Prepare final reports with cost summaries for sign-offs before costs are capitalised out of the CWIP accounts;
- Be the accountant for allocated Kumul Petroleum entities, ensuring accurate and complete capturing of information in the Oracle Accounting System, monthly reconciliation of GL accounts, P&L and Balance sheet reports, commentaries on variations to budgets, and report to the Managers and CFO on a monthly basis. Ensure reporting requirements of the assigned entities to external stakeholders are addressed with readily available information as and when required by Senior Management of KPHL;
- Supervision and Coaching of Junior Staff;
- Any other tasks as directed by the EGM Finance and Corporate Services.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Commerce or related discipline;
- CPA qualified to PNG standard or equivalent (or studying towards);
- Oil and Gas industry experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Minimum 7 years experience in Financial Management and Accounting;
- Must have demonstrated experience in budget preparation and presentation, preparation of cash forecasts and cash flow analysis;
- Must have excellent communication skills with staff at all levels;
- Oil and Gas industry experience would be an advantage but is not essential;
- Developed skills in MS Excel, MS Word and accounting software such as Oracle, SAP and/or IFRS.
KPHL offers competitive remuneration packages for suitably qualified candidates who can think on their feet and are self-directed in their learning.
Submit your resume including a cover letter and copies of your academic qualifications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Kumul Petroleum Holdings Limited.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.