Reporting to the Health, Safety, Environment & Security Manager, this position will be responsible for providing technical environment support to HSE operations. Develop and deliver environmental initiatives that uphold the conditions of Environment Permits across all KPHL project sites while balancing integrity, performance and cost.
- Adhering to Company Health, Safety, Environment and Quality policies
- Develop and implement KPHL Environmental Management System
- Develop and implement KPHL Environment Monitoring and Management Plans (EMMP) at each project site.
- Developing solutions to control, fix or prevent environmental problems.
- Monitor Environmental health of project-impacted areas.
- Perform field inspections as and when required.
- Conduct environmental audits at project sites as required.
- Effective investigations of environmental incidents – Participation in all environmental incident root cause analysis to support the HSES/Operations teams.
- Lessons learned from each environmental incident are captured and shared with the Operations Team.
- Environmental non-conformance assessment and management
- Evaluate trend analysis to determine hazards, failure modes, and risk mitigations.
- Provide support in environmental initiatives, and HSE activities.
- Implementation and compliance with oil industry-standard practices
- Creating and maintaining quality of all environmental-related reports.
- Conducting environmental research projects and preparing reports and presentations on findings.
- Advising HSES manager on potential environmental hazards and health risks, as and when required.
- Be proactive with continuous learning in all areas, especially emerging technology related to environmental research.
- Collaborate with field operators, production technicians, engineers, HSE consultants, and production supervisors to share ideas and generate solutions.
- Respond to the operational and technical requests sent from the field.
- Travel to field locations when required.
- Schedule, write procedure for, and coordinate day-to-day field activities.
- Provide reports demonstrating compliance to company policies, for the entire team, including HSE compliance.
- Provide Environmental reviews and associated reports.
- Maintain a database covering environmental assessments and utilize spreadsheet and software systems to capture and manipulate data, identifying trends and environmental concerns.
- Develop environmental reports to communicate results and recommendations.
- KPI reporting and performance metric development for environmental system integrity.
- Participating in pre-job planning meetings and ensuring that all job-required information received from Project Managers, site supervisors, and line management to provide efficient support.
- Ensuring the latest and approved Global and local process, regulation, guidelines, and relevant documentation are available.
- Generating daily /weekly/ monthly reports as and when required.
- Building conceptual models that identify the potential contaminant sources that could have an adverse impact on the environment, where required.
- Presentation of all environmental reports, data, content, and proposals to relevant parties, as required.
- Develop and deliver awareness programs in line with World Environment Day across the business, each year.
- A robust Environment Management System implemented in KPHL’s operations.
- Effective environmental support provided to the business in all applicable operations.
- Achievement of all environmental key performance indicators year-on-year
- Improvement in environmental leading indicators
- Improved stakeholder engagement with necessary internal and external parties
Qualifications / Education Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science (higher qualification is preferred)
- Oil and gas experience preferred.
- Field experience as a field analyst, environmental researcher, research assistant or environmental science technician having the responsibility to keep track of and record key performance indicators.
- Hands-on experience with collecting and scientifically analyzing soil, air and water samples to determine the level and cause of environmental contamination.
- Experience in Oil and Gas specially in upstream phase preferred.
- Knowledge on the application of Environment software – Oizom, SuperGIS, or similar
- Past experience in monitoring Environment KPI’s for upstream projects preferred.
- Experience with internal and external presentation of environmental data for project acquisition
- Subject matter expert in environment science and methods of data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Knowledge of international and local environment regulations
Technical Skill/Competencies required:
- Application of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) analysis on environmental operations
- Applied understanding of collection, analysis, and reporting of environmental data, using the most appropriate tools
- Understanding of statistical analysis, benchmarking, root-cause analysis, and continuous improvement
- Ability to diagnose and resolve significant and unusual problems and generate substantial improvements to practices and procedures.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- Self-starting attitude and willingness to learn beyond the scope of the job.
- Extensive and up-to-date knowledge of environmental software technologies and applications
- Strong commitment to safety with demonstrated safe operations record.
- Ability to travel and spend time on sites.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including advanced Excel (pivot tables, pivot charts, what-if analysis, etc.)
- Competent and clear writing skills for reports required for action authorization or recommendations.
- Writing and checking of technical reports
Non-Technical Competencies required.
- Self-motivated with a high level of individual initiative
- Strong analytical and communication skills required together.
- Excellent computer literacy especially in MS Office Applications
- Fluent in spoken and written English and with well-developed report writing skills.
- Must be able to follow instructions.
- Must be a team-player.
- Represent company in a positive, professional manner at all times and in all interactions.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Accountable for actions and results
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and good management practices.
- Ability to act with a high degree of independence.
- Analytical, quick-thinking, ability to review complex problems and propose effective solutions.
KPHL offers competitive remuneration packages for suitable and qualified candidates who can think on their feet and be self-directed in their learning.
All applications must be submitted by email to: email@example.com or apply via WANPNG.com.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and thank you for your interest in Kumul Petroleum Holdings Limited.