NiuPower Ltd is a Papua New Guinean independent power producer dedicated to the development of power generation facilities in PNG fuelled by PNG’s natural gas. We are currently developing a 58MW gas-fired power station for connection to the Port Moresby grid, which is due to come online early in 2019. NiuPower is jointly owned by Kumul Petroleum and Oil Search and is working with PNG electricity consumers and distributors to assess further options for using PNG gas to power PNG homes and industries.
NiuPower Ltd is recruiting a wide range of professionals including a number of highly qualified industry specialists. We intend to continue to expand and build our human capital to create a centre of excellence and professionalism for the energy business in Papua New Guinea.
NiuPower Ltd strongly believes that the direct contribution of our employees, underpinned by their quality, ability and enthusiasm, is a key component for the company to deliver our desired goals. As such, we are seeking someone who is outstanding, proactive and keen to build a career in the development and operation of gas-fired power stations in PNG.
Graduate Electrical Engineer
Train to become part of NiuPower Ltd operations team.
• Provide support to the site based Construction and Inspection team for all the relevant contractor activities for the POM Power Station Project;
• Base at the POM Power Station site in PNG and required to do occasional travel for participation in design reviews and equipment inspections at other locations as and when required:
• Contribute to and ensure the successful management, collation and delivery of quality documentation including becoming familiar with all contractor electrical and general documentation;
• Required to understand all electrical and general technical information. This will include general layouts, specifications, wiring diagrams, and all other drawings instrument and electrical related data;
• Required to familiarise themselves with all I/E related quality processes including test procedures and quality records. This will include vendor equipment where required and all related construction work;
• Become involved with all related commissioning procedures and operating and necessary reviews;
• Attend meetings, take minutes and write reports as directed;
• Ensure that all Company policies and procedures are adhered to; business deadlines are met, whilst conforming to industry best practice.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant field
• Post Graduate qualifications highly regarded
• Post Graduate Leadership programs highly regarded
• Knowledge of PNG culture, regulatory and legal systems highly regarded
• Demonstrated community participation skills
• Strategic thinking and management skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Effective management of building and maintaining work relationships
• Keen to learn the requirements of the Project Electrical Engineering function
• Communicate effectively at all levels
• Positively influences safety behaviour within the work team
NiuPower Ltd offers very competitive remuneration packages and as such prefers its employees to be performance driven.
To express your interest for this challenging and rewarding role, please email your application and current CV to: KPHL Recruitment on email:email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We want to attract and retain the best Papua New Guineans for important roles & responsibilities in the