Port Moresby, 08th February 2017 –Preparation for the Papua New Guinea’s inaugural Petroleum and Energy Summit is well underway; hosted by Papua New Guinea’s (PNG) national oil and gas company, Kumul Petroleum Holdings Limited with the theme ‘Unlocking Papua New Guinea’s Energy Potential”
The summit is scheduled from 27th February to 2nd of March 2017 at the Stanley Hotel, Port Moresby.
The Summit is expected to attract over 500 delegates; half of it is international delegates mostly oil and gas players while the rest are Papua New Guinean delegates.
The event has 16 confirmed sponsors and Exhibition Booths for the two days as well.
The objectives of the Summit are as follows:
- Showcase the important role that PNG plays in the energy spectrum in the (Asia/Pacific) region
- Focus on the contribution that PNG makes towards the development and use of clean energy (i.e. LNG, biomass) locally and internationally
- Harness opportunities to promote and market PNG’s hydrocarbons resource base
- Expose the medium and long-term opportunities for PNG to become a major LNG producer in the region
- Provide access to key international players into the dynamic energy potential of PNG, and
- Provide links between resource owners and PNG to potential investors and energy technology providers.
Chairman of the Organising Committee of the PNG Petroleum and Energy Summit, Peter Koim said after exporting LNG for over two years, it was fitting for the to bring customers and potential investors onshore to see for themselves, what the country has to offer.
“This is the first ever Petroleum and Energy Summit to be held in PNG and we are attracting many high profile industry players from around the world (both producers and customers), including our customers from Asia region notably JERA Inc.Co; the largest buyer of LNG in the world from Japan.”
“Prime Minister, The Right Honourable Peter O’Neill MP will be presenting the keynote address. Two other senior ministers, Minister for Petroleum and Energy, Honourable Nixon Duban MP and Minister for Treasury, Honourable Patrick Pruaitch MP will also make presentations.”
“This is a major milestone for the petroleum and energy industry in the country and Kumul Petroleum Holdings Ltd is proud to be the host of such a prestigious event.”
Mr Koim said the Summit would provide a unique opportunity for Papua New Guineans to hear about the country’s energy sector including current and future LNG projects.
“This is a very exciting time for us as plans for unconventional resource development as well as plans for growth in the domestic power and downstream sectors will be discussed at the Summit;” Mr Koim said.
“We invite Papua New Guineans to attend the Summit because it will provide a unique opportunity for them to hear first-hand about the expansion strategy for the country’s energy sector.”
Those interested to attend the Summit should register by calling phone – 3202253