- Port Moresby
- Posted 13th Aug, 2018
Kumul Petroleum, Site Group signs exclusive management agreement for Kumul Petroleum Academy
Papua New Guinea’s National Oil And Gas Company (NOC) Kumul Petroleum Holdings Limited (Kumul Petroleum) is pleased to announce the signing of a 6-year exclusive agreement with Site Group International Pte Ltd; Singapore (Site Group) to manage and operate the Kumul Petroleum Academy (KPA), a subsidiary of Kumul Petroleum outside Port Moresby.
Managing Director of Kumul Petroleum, Wapu Sonk who is also a Director of KPA said; “the agreement is an essential building block in our quest to becoming a NOC and being able to develop and demonstrate that we have a competent and highly skilled PNG workforce.
Mr Sonk said by forming this long term partnership with Site Group would enormously help Kumul Petroleum achieve this goal.
“This agreement is a statement of intent which will also benefit our partnerships with ExxonMobil, Oil Search and TOTAL, where we will be able to provide a long term, in-country solution to competence and skills development that will be mapped to recognised international standards and will provide the platform for long term development and sustainability,” he added.
Site Group brings with it, its wealth of international experience serving major clients in oil, gas and the energy space and its impressive capability in local and national workforce development through managing competence and capability.
Kumul Petroleum Academy is a competence based training, coaching and assessment centre focusing on oil, gas, energy and power industry comprising:
- Blended Learning Classrooms for Knowledge and Skills Development
- Open plan workshops for core skills development
- Instrument/ Electrical and Mechanical workshops for specific skills development
- SGI’s Safe Live Process Plant inclusive of centralised control room, electrical motor control centre, creating a real workplace environment for training, coaching and on the job assessment.
- Administration Area
- Canteen facilities
- Accommodation and recreation areas.
The centre will offer a wide range of competence based courses and programmes including:
- Safety and Behavioural Safety courses including Permit to Work, Risk Assessment and Safe Isolations;
- Emergency Response and Crisis Management courses;
- 12 month Junior Technician Development Programme, for Production, Instrumentation, Electrical and Mechanical disciplines;
- 12 week Graduate Work Experience Programme for a range of engineering disciplines including, Chemical, Electrical, Instrument, Mechanical and Civil;
- Skills enhancement courses for Instrument, Electrical and Mechanical disciplines; and
- Supervisor and Management courses.
Back to News